This course will provide Symposia, case discussions on a variety of pediatric and adolescent orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions. It also will examine the complications that can result from common treatments. Participants will gain a better understanding of methodologies that help prevent serious complications from occurring.
After completing this program, participants should be better able to:
- Comprehend current information on the management of common orthopaedic conditions of infants, children and adolescents.
- Avoid many common errors of diagnosis related to pediatric orthopaedic anomalies.
- Analyze potential complications that may occur when managing a child or adolescent with an orthopaedic condition.
- Assimilate information about innovative, diagnostic and surgical techniques utilized by pediatric orthopaedic surgeons for comprehensive treatment.
- Determine appropriate pediatric orthopaedic referral based upon available literature, as presented in the specific case reviews.