Printed Display measurements should not exceed the following dimensions: 30 inches in width and 48 inches in height (75 cm width x 120 cm height)
POSICON 2019 will provide poster boards to mount your printed display. The boards are vertical and will be mounted on legs and be self-standing. You will need to use double-sided tape when hanging your poster.
Printed displays location and set-up
The poster boards will be located in a separate area at the conference venue. The boards will be numbered corresponding to your Printed Display Number.
Printed display set-up: Thursday, 3rd January, 2019 | 7.00 am onwards
Printed display take down: Sunday, 6th January, 2019 | 1.00 pm onwards
How to make a great ‘Printed Display’ for POSICON 2019
What software can I use to make a poster?
- PowerPoint: A popular, easy-to-use option. It is part of Microsoft Office package.
- Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign: Feature-rich professional software that is good for posters including lots of high-resolution images, but they are more complex and expensive.
- Open Source Alternatives: OpenOffice is the free alternative to MS Office (Impress is its PowerPoint alternative). Inkscape and Gimp are alternatives to Adobe products. For charts and diagrams try Gliffy or Lovely Charts.
What is the anatomy of a Printed Display?
- Heading / Banner: that includes the title, authors, and affiliation for the printed display. The heading / banner must be at the top of the Poster. Text should be large enough to be easily read from at least 4 feet away.
- Body of Printed display
- Word count of about 300 to 800 words. Text is clear and to the point.
- Use of bullets, numbering, and headlines make it easy to read.
- Effective use of graphics, color and fonts.
- Consistent and clean layout.
- Include acknowledgments and references.
- What are helpful hints to design a good Printed Display
- DO make your printed display as self-explanatory as possible.
- DO keep all illustrations simple by using charts, graphs, drawings and/or pictures.
- DO make captions brief, with large lettering.
- DO use block coloring to add emphasis and clarity.
- DO use large script (e.g. Courier New) if posting a copy of your abstract.
- DO bring double sided tape for attaching your printed display to the board. (Note: Push pins and tacks will NOT work on the poster board)
- DON’T mount your display on heavy materials, as this will not hang correctly.
- DON’T be overly ornate since this distracts from the impact of your information.
- DON’T bring x-rays, because viewers won’t be able to see them clearly.
- DON’T use more than your allocated space.
- DON’T laminate your printed display
What are the preferred colour combinations for clarity and contrast?
- Black on Yellow
- Green on White
- White on Black
- Red on White
- Black on Orange
If you have technical questions related to pre-loading of your presentation, please email AV team of POSICON 2019 at email@example.com.
If you have a general question, please contact the POSICON 2019 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you warmly at POSICON 2019!
Dr. Alaric Aroojis
Chair, Scientific Committee