Being the Silver Jubilee year, POSICON 2019 brings a value-addition to your podium presentations. This year, we are providing all presenters the opportunity to pre-load their presentations onto the conference cloud-based drive, prior to the conference! No last-minute rush to upload talks, no long queues and confusion in the preview room, no need to travel with your laptops - the advantages are countless. Simply pre-load your presentations in advance, arrive stress-free at the venue and enjoy every minute of the rich academic spread before you.
How to Upload Presentations?
Presentations can be uploaded starting Thursday, 15th November, 2018 and the portal will remain open 24 / 7 till Tuesday, 25th December, 2018.
You will be able to edit and upload an updated presentation up until the deadline, but the system will be automatically locked after 25th December, 2018. After the deadline, presentations may only be loaded on-site at the conference venue. We encourage all presenters to take advantage of this new system and pre-load their presentations well in advance.
- Click on http://posi.in/Delegate_Area/User/Login and enter your Username & Password.
- Once logged in, click on Submitted Abstracts.
- Here you will see a list of all the submitted abstract/s. Under Upload Column, Click on Upload Presentation.
- After Selecting the powerpoint file, use the "Upload Files" button. This will then show a progress bar. Please do not close your browser or shut-down your computer or disconnect from the Internet until the files have fully uploaded!
- After uploading, a “View” button will appear next to the presentation uploaded. This will allow you to download and view the presentation for review and verification.
Please bring a backup copy of your presentation on a USB Flash Drive.
- Please prepare your presentation in MS Power Point 2010 or later (.pptx) or Keynote version 6.2 or later (.key).
- Prepare all presentations in 16:9 format since we will be using wide-screen LEDs for presentation. If you are beginning a new presentation, using the 16:9 format is easy. However, if you have an existing presentation that is in the traditional 4:3 format, you must be prepared to convert your presentation to the 16:9 format.
- We suggest a minimum font size of 28 point.
- We recommend a sans serif font such as Helvetica or Arial.
- Avoid a white background for your slides because with LEDs the white screen’s dazzle hurts the eyes. Instead use dark background and light fonts. White or yellow lettering on a blue background is attractive and easy to read. Avoid red and green text. Be considerate of those that are color blind.
- Keep illustrations simple. Significance of data can be grasped more quickly in a simple graph form than in tabular form. Use rounded figures. Use captions sparingly.
- Images: For still images, do not use .tiff files. Windows PowerPoint will not read them. Instead save them as JPEG, PNG or Bitmap images.
- Videos can make or break a presentation. There are several video formats, however we recommend using only MP4 format, for smooth running of your video. When you insert the video in the slide please select ‘run automatic’. With ‘start by clicking’ option, the computer wastes several moments, squanders the presenter’s precious time and the audience loses patience.
Speaker Ready Room
A Preview Room or ‘Speaker Ready Area’ will be available at the conference venue starting 07:00 hours on Thursday, 3rd January, 2019. You will be able to upload your presentation or preview your previously uploaded presentation and confirm that it is playing properly. Pay special attention to your videos. It is the responsibility of the presenter to preview their presentations at least 2 hours prior to their allotted time-slot to ensure that there are no last-minute surprises.
POSICON 2019 REQUIRES ALL ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS TO BE MADE USING THE CENTRAL COMPUTER SYSTEM. NO PERSONAL LAPTOPS WILL BE ALLOWED.
While presenting at the podium:
- You will have a monitor, keyboard and pointer at the lectern. You will advance your slides using forward and backward keys on the from the keyboard and be able to see them on the Screen and on a monitor.
- If during the presentation you have something to point out on the screen, do plan to use animated arrows; with a click of a button an arrow appears at the precise point and serves the purpose. Laser pointers are available on the lectern, but the screens are large and one may waste several precious seconds to spot the point of interest. Besides laser pointers are ineffective on an LED screen.
Please be seated in the front row of the hall 15 minutes before your presentation. Please practice and limit your talk to the allotted time. There are automated arrangements to cut-off a presentation that is running over time. Please do not compel us to activate this mechanism during your time under the limelight.
If you have technical questions related to pre-loading of your presentation, please email AV team of POSICON 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a general question, please contact the POSICON 2019 Secretariat at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you warmly at POSICON 2019!
Dr. Alaric Aroojis
Chair, Scientific Committee