Being the Silver Jubilee year, POSICON 2019 brings a value-addition to your podium presentations. This year, we are providing all faculty the opportunity to pre-load their presentations onto the conference cloud-based drive, prior to the conference!
Presentations can be uploaded starting Thursday, 15th November, 2018 and the portal will remain open 24 / 7 till Tuesday, 25th December, 2018.
You will be able to edit and upload the updated version of your presentations up until the deadline, but the system will be automatically locked after 25th December, 2018. After the deadline, presentations may only be loaded on-site at the conference venue.
Speaker Ready Room
A ‘Speaker Ready Area’ will be available at the conference venue starting 15:00 hours on Wednesday, 2nd January, 2019 & from 07:00 hours on Thursday, 3rd January, 2019 onwards. You will be able to upload your presentations or preview your previously uploaded presentations and confirm that they are playing properly. We request all faculty to preview their presentations at least 2 hours prior to their allotted time-slot to ensure that there are no last-minute surprises.
We encourage all our esteemed faculty to take advantage of this new system and pre-load their presentations well in advance.
How to upload your presentation?
- Click on http://posi.in/Delegate_Area/User/Login and enter your Username & Password.
- Once logged in, click on Talks.
- Here you will see a list of all your talk/s. Under Upload Column, Click on Upload Presentation for the respective talks.
- Once clicked on Upload Presentation, you will see the details of the talk including date and time. Here, you will get 2 options to upload, i.e., Presentation (.pptx / .ppsx / .key format) & Hand-outs (PDF format). After selecting the file, use the "Upload" button. This will then show a progress bar. Please do not close your browser or shut-down your computer or disconnect from the Internet until the files have fully uploaded!
- After uploading, a “View” button will appear next to the presentation uploaded. This will allow you to download and view the presentation for review and verification.
- We wish to distribute digital hand-outs of all faculty talks to delegates on a USB Flash Drive. Hence, we request you to provide hand-outs of each of your talks well in advance, so that they may be collated together and written onto a flash drive.
- Please prepare your presentation in MS Power Point 2010 or later (.pptx) or Keynote version 6.2 or later (.key)
- Prepare all presentations in 16:9 format since we will be using wide-screen LEDs for presentation. If you are beginning a new presentation, using the 16:9 format is easy. However, if you have an existing presentation that is in the traditional 4:3 format, you must be prepared to convert your presentation to the 16:9 format
- Avoid a white background for your slides because with LEDs the white screen’s dazzle hurts the eyes. Instead use dark background and light fonts. White or yellow lettering on a blue background is attractive and easy to read.
- Images: For still images, do not use .tiff files. Windows PowerPoint will not read them. Instead save them as JPEG, PNG or Bitmap images.
- Videos can make or break a presentation. There are several video formats, however we recommend using only MP4 format, for smooth running of your video. When you insert the video in the slide please select ‘run automatic’.
POSICON 2019 REQUIRES ALL ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS TO BE MADE USING THE CENTRAL COMPUTER SYSTEM. NO PERSONAL LAPTOPS WILL BE ALLOWED
While presenting at the Podium…
- You will have a monitor, keyboard and pointer at the lectern. You will advance your slides using forward and backward keys on the keyboard and be able to see them on the Screen and on a monitor.
- If during the presentation you have something to point out on the screen, do plan to use animated arrows; with a click of a button an arrow appears at the precise point and serves the purpose. Laser pointers are available on the lectern, but the screens are large and one may waste several precious seconds to spot the point of interest. Besides laser pointers are ineffective on an LED screen.
Please be seated in the front row of the hall 15 minutes before your presentation. Please limit your talk to the allotted time. There are automated arrangements to cut-off a presentation that is running over time.
If you have technical questions related to pre-loading of your presentation, please email AV team of POSICON 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a general question, please contact the POSICON 2019 Secretariat at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you warmly at POSICON 2019!
Dr. Alaric Aroojis
Chair, Scientific Committee